STEP 1: Creating a Parent Portal Account (Skip to Step 2 if you already have an account)
Navigate to Parent Portal
If you are new to the Ascender parent portal please click on the "Create Account" button under the Login heading.
- Create your User Name (6 – 25 alpha-numeric characters).
- Create your Password (8 – 46 characters using 3 of the following character types: UPPERCASE letters, Lowercase letters, Numbers (0-9), special characters). This is case sensitive.
- Retype your password to confirm it. Must match exactly.
- Type your E-mail address. This is required to register your new student and is used to receive attendance and grade alerts if set. We strongly advise the use of Gmail as this email platform has proven to be successful in sending and receiving emails to and from the Ascender product.
- Click Next.
- Select a Question and enter an Answer (case sensitive) to help you retrieve your password if forgotten.
- Click Next.
- A message appears that says Your ASCENDER ParentPortal account has been created.
- Click Finish.
- A Warning message will appear that says ‘Your email address is not verified’. This does not apply at this time. Click “OK” or the “X” in the upper right corner to close it.
- Logout of the Parent Portal.
Validate your Email Account
- Refer to your email account to see the email that was automatically sent when you created your Parent Portal account. FYI – The email is from LaVernia_parentportal@ascendertx.com.
- Click on the Validate Email link in the email. A message should appear that says ‘Your Email has been verified successfully’.
- Click on the red Return to Login button.
- Log back in to the Parent Portal – enter the Username and Password you created and click the green Login button.