District Health Updates: COVID-19
District Health Updates distributed by LVISD regarding COVID-19 will be archived in this section. Should there be a change in status for the district due to COVID-19, parents and families can continue to expect to hear from LVISD via email, social media, and the district website.
- 4/17/20 Update: Distance Learning to Continue for Remainder of 2019-2020 School Year
- 3/31/20 Update: LVISD Closed Through May 1
- 3/23/20 Update: LVISD Closed Through April 21
- 3/17/20 Update: LVISD Closed Through April 3
- 3/13/20 Second Update: LVISD Closed March 16-20
- 3/13/20 First Update
- 3/11/20 Update
- 2/26/20 Update
Updates from Health Officials
As part of our commitment to keeping you informed, we will also provide our community with important updates shared by local and state health officials in this section.
Office of the Texas Governor:
Please click here to read the Executive Orders issued by Governor Greg Abbott on April 17, 2020. A copy of order GA-16, which orders schools to suspend face-to-face instruction for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year, can be viewed and downloaded below:
Texas Department of State Health Services: