Flyer Distribution Guidelines
As part of our efforts to ensure parents stay informed, embrace innovative technology, maintain fiscal responsibility, and be more environmentally friendly, La Vernia ISD will cooperate with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational and/or enrichment nature for students and staff by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar, an online service for schools.
Flyers will now be emailed directly to parents and posted online for easy access through campus websites. Parents will see flyers as visually engaging images from their smartphone or computer screen, and be able to click to register their students for enrichment programs and community events.
There is a small fee to distribute flyers through the Peachjar system, but it is typically much less than the cost of paper, ink, making copies, and delivering paper flyers to campuses. For information on Peachjar pricing, including a flyer campaign calculator and discount opportunities, please click here.
I. DISTRIBUTION OF MATERIALS TO STUDENTS
LVISD will send home non-school literature electronically through the District's partner, Peachjar. Flyers submitted for approval through Peachjar are sent automatically to the LVISD Department of Communications and Marketing. The Director of Communications and Marketing will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards contained herein.
The criteria for distribution of non-school literature must be met as outlined below for a flyer to be considered for approval:
- Flyers must support the basic educational mission and objectives of the District.
- Flyers must involve age- and/or developmentally-appropriate activities for students, and must clearly state that the activity is for the positive benefit and enrichment of LVISD students.
- Flyers must bear the name and contact information of the sponsoring organization.
- Flyers must not cause disruption to the orderly operation of La Vernia ISD schools.
- Flyers must not publicize or promote a particular political party, organization, candidate, or interest.
- Flyers must not proselytize religious beliefs or publicize a particular church, religious organization, or religious viewpoint.
- Flyers must not discriminate against or denigrate any group on the basis of gender, race, age, religious belief, national origin, disability, or any other unlawful consideration.
Peachjar will automatically add the following non-endorsement statement to all flyers from outside organizations: This organization and/or program is not sponsored by La Vernia Independent School District. Approval to distribute flyers is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
To submit flyers for approval, organizations must register as a Program Provider with Peachjar. To register now, click on the Peachjar button above!
II. DISTRIBUTION OF PRINTED FREE TICKETS OR ENTRY COUPONS
External organizations and/or program providers who wish to distribute advertisements to La Vernia ISD students in the form of printed free tickets or entry coupons may do so only by receiving approval of the materials from the Director of Communications and Marketing. In order to receive approval for distribution, these and any related marketing materials from external organizations must contain the following statement: This organization and/or program is not sponsored by La Vernia Independent School District.
Approved printed free tickets or entry coupons will be posted at the front desk of approved LVISD campuses for no more than 10 business days. These materials will not be given directly to LVISD students via distribution in classrooms or placement in student belongings, and may be removed from LVISD campuses at any time at the discretion of the Director of Communications and Marketing. Printed tickets from external organizations and/or program providers requiring any form of purchase for receipt will never be approved for posting at LVISD campuses and/or facilities.
III. DISTRIBUTION OF MATERIALS TO DISTRICT STAFF
- Flyers from community groups and organizations can also be made available to La Vernia ISD staff via Peachjar!
- To submit a flyer for distribution to District staff, follow the same flyer approval criteria and submission guidelines listed above, and select La Vernia ISD Staff as the flyer distribution group on Peachjar.
- Flyers intended for distribution to District staff via Peachjar will be reviewed for approval by the Director of Communications and Marketing.
Questions? Please contact Jordan Ziemer, Director of Communications and Marketing, at email@example.com.
Peachjar Training Tools
- Tutorial: How to Submit a Flyer on Peachjar (Video)
- Tutorial: How to Submit a Flyer on Peachjar (PDF)
- All Peachjar Tutorial Videos
- Peachjar FAQs for Program Providers & Parents
- Guide to Digital Flyer Success for School Staff
Community Free Flyer Program
Nonprofit organizations that wish to promote free events or activities that do not encourage participants to join fee-based programs or purchase products or services may be eligible for free flyer distribution through Peachjar's Community Free Flyer Program. Eligible organizations must be identified by the Internal Revenue Service as a nonprofit [501(c)(3), 501(c)(4)] organization or an accredited educational institution. Proof of non-profit status is required upon request for approval.
Click here for information about Peachjar's Community Free Flyer Program.