Flyer Distribution Guidelines
As part of our efforts to ensure parents stay informed, embrace innovative technology, maintain fiscal responsibility, and be more environmentally friendly, La Vernia ISD will cooperate with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational and/or enrichment nature for students and staff by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar, an online service for schools. As of October 16th, 2018, LVISD has moved from paper to digital flyer delivery via Peachjar.
Flyers will now be emailed directly to parents and posted online for easy access through campus websites. Parents will see flyers as visually engaging images from their smartphone or computer screen, and be able to click to register their students for enrichment programs and community events.
Please note: Paper flyers from external organizations will no longer be distributed after October 16th, 2018. There is a small fee to distribute flyers through the Peachjar system, but it is typically much less than the cost of paper, ink, making copies, and delivering paper flyers to campuses.
DISTRIBUTION OF MATERIALS TO STUDENTS
LVISD will send home non-school literature electronically through the District's partner, Peachjar. Flyers submitted for approval through Peachjar are sent automatically to the LVISD Department of Communications and Marketing. The Director of Communications and Marketing will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards contained herein.
The criteria for distribution of non-school literature must be met as outlined below for a flyer to be considered for approval:
- Flyers must support the basic educational mission and objectives of the District.
- Flyers must involve age- and/or developmentally-appropriate activities for students, and must clearly state that the activity is for the positive benefit and enrichment of LVISD students.
- Flyers must bear the name and contact information of the sponsoring organization.
- Flyers must not cause disruption to the orderly operation of La Vernia ISD schools.
- Flyers must not publicize or promote a particular political party, organization, candidate, or interest.
- Flyers must not proselytize religious beliefs or publicize a particular church, religious organization, or religious viewpoint.
- Flyers must not discriminate against or denigrate any group on the basis of gender, race, age, religious belief, national origin, disability, or any other unlawful consideration.
- Flyers must not be posted through the Peachjar system for more than one month. Flyers submitted through Peachjar requesting more than one month of distribution time will not be approved.
Peachjar will automatically add the following non-endorsement statement to all flyers from outside organizations: This organization and/or program is not sponsored by La Vernia Independent School District. Approval to distribute flyers is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
To submit flyers for approval, organizations must register as a Program Provider with Peachjar. To register now, click on the Peachjar button above!
DISTRIBUTION OF MATERIALS TO DISTRICT STAFF
- Flyers from community groups and organizations can also be made available to La Vernia ISD staff via Peachjar!
- To submit a flyer for distribution to District staff, follow the same flyer approval criteria and submission guidelines listed above, and select La Vernia ISD Staff as the flyer distribution group on Peachjar.
- Flyers intended for distribution to District staff via Peachjar will be reviewed for approval by the Director of Communications and Marketing.
Questions? Please contact Jordan Ziemer, Director of Communications and Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peachjar Training Tools
- Tutorial: How to Submit a Flyer on Peachjar (Video)
- Tutorial: How to Submit a Flyer on Peachjar (PDF)
- All Peachjar Tutorial Videos
- Peachjar FAQs for Program Providers & Parents
- Guide to Digital Flyer Success for School Staff
Community Free Flyer Program
Nonprofit organizations who wish to promote free events or activities that do not encourage participants to join fee-based programs or purchase products or services may be eligible for free flyer distribution through Peachjar's Community Free Flyer Program. Eligible organizations must be identified by the Internal Revenue Service as a nonprofit [501(c)(3), 501(c)(4)] organization or an accredited educational institution. Proof of non-profit status is required upon request for approval.
Click here for information about Peachjar's Community Free Flyer Program.