Financial Aid

  • FAFSA/TASFA Requirements: When a student is filling out their financial aid application, the student either completes either the FAFSA or TASFA application. They can only fill out one. If you are not sure which financial aid application you should be filling out, please review below. 


    Residency Status Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA)
    I am a U.S. citizen.  Χ  
    I am a permanent resident with an Alien Registration Card (I-551).  Χ  
    I am a conditional permanent resident with a visa type I-551C.  Χ  
    I am an eligible noncitizen with an Arrival/Departure Record (I-94) showing one of the following: Refugee, Asylum granted, Parolee (for a minimum of one year), Cuban-Haitian entrant  Χ  
    I do not meet one of the statuses above; however, I have been classified as a Texas resident and therefore am eligible to pay the Texas in-state tuition rate. My classification as a Texas resident is NOT due to an in-state scholarship or assistance.    Χ