Student Log-in: https://www.careercruising.com/login/LV
Career Cruising is an Internet based Post-Secondary exploration & planning tool students can use to explore career and college options and develop a post-secondary plan. Career Cruising can be accessed from school, from home, or wherever there is access to the Internet.
Career Cruising can also be utilized to design your personalized graduation plan for high school and select your high school courses.
La Vernia ISD constantly seeks to better equip our students for success not only during their time at LVISD, but in their post-secondary endeavors as well. Career Cruising is an outstanding support tool for our students and will assist students, parents and counselors as they plan for their future.
Who is it for? Students and families, K-12 will have access to Career Cruising.
How will it help parents? Parents will have access to a Parent Dashboard that allows you to view and comment on the work your child had done in Career Cruising, keep track of his or her progress and receive messages from counselors and teachers.
- Assessment - world-renowned assessment tools to identify career interests, skills, abilities, and learning styles
- Career Profiles - thorough and up-to-date information about hundreds of different occupations, including direct links between careers and related college programs
- Multimedia Interviews - interviews with real people in each occupation, which add depth and realism to career profiles
- College and Financial Aid Information - comprehensive college and financial aid information, with a number of useful search tools to help students find the right college and the right scholarships
- My Plan - an online portfolio where students can develop and reflect on his or her academic, personal, and career exploration activities, and make plans for the future
- Resume Builder - integrated with the My Plan tool to help students create, format, and print professional-looking resumes quickly and easily
- Course Selection Tool - allows students to create their personal graduation/4 year plan and select courses for the following year